Partnership building activity with elements of Study Visit “East&West Included” for those youth workers, who already support young people with disabilities in international projects or plan to start such a cooperation.
Being aware of the situation in field of international cooperation and youth work with people with disabilities we would like to give a strong impetus towards the partnership building and future projects planning in this particular area.
We are strongly motivated to support organisations and youth workers in their efforts to create international projects with disabled youngsters, especially in context of cooperation between Programme Countries and Eastern Europe & Caucasus region.
To strengthen the impact of the event we would like to translate the "No Barriers, No Borders" booklet of SALTO Inclusion into Polish and Russian languages. If you like to use it already in English, please visit this page!
Date and Venue
Five full working days - arrival 12th May until evening (Monday), departure 18th May from morning (Sunday) 2008.
• to establish new contacts among organisations working with people with disabilities,
• to build partnerships for future activities,
• to exchange experiences in the field of work with young people with disabilities,
• to explore the opportunities of the YiA Programme for the international work with young people with disabilities,
• to learn about the realities of work with young people with disabilities in all participant's countries
Partnership building activity with study visits to places where Polish organizations work with young people with disabilities.
This Training Course is co-organised by Polish
National Agency of the Youth in Action (YiA) Programme and SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus (EECA) Resource Centre with support of other National Agencies of YiA.
PBA/SV will bring experienced youth workers representing active organisations. 26 participants in total (13 from Programme countries and 13 from EECA region).
• active youth worker;
• experienced in the international youth field, a strong asset is given to those experienced in the work with disabled youth;
• active participation and contribution during the full duration of the TC;
• ability to communicate in English;
(This event is especially accesible for youth workers with disabilities).
Working language - English
Team of the trainers
Team is composed of 3 trainers coming from different regions (1 from EECA, 1 from Poland and 1 from Programme countries), experienced in international cooperation within European Community Youth in Action Programme as well as work with youth with disabilities.
The selected trainers are:
• Timea Sofalvi, Hungary
• Anna Yeghoyan, Armenia
• Wojciech Szczepanik, Poland
One officer of Polish National Agency of the YiA Programme as well as officer of SALTO EECA Resource Centre will join the team.
• The lodging, board and local transportation will be provided by the Polish National Agency of YiA Programme.
• Other National Agencies of YiA Programme will cover the travel and visa costs of participants coming from Programme Countries, according to their own rules.
• Travel and visa costs of Eastern European and Caucasian participants will be covered by the Polish YiA National Agency on the basis of original tickets and invoices.
• Any insurance, especially medical is a private responsibility of each participant.
Application Procedure & Deadline
Interested applicants from Programme Countries and Eastern Europe & Caucasus shall fill-in this on-line application! Deadline for applications is Tuesday, 25th March.
The selection will be carried out by SALTO EECA RC and Polish YiA National Agency based on the other National Agencies pre-selection and criteria specified in the "applicants' criteria" section. Selected applicants will be informed till Monday, 7th April.