17-31 August 2008 - Istanbul, Turkey
The Council of Europe Intercultural Language Training Programme for youth leaders and youth workers 2008
Why this programme?
Intercultural competence and foreign language skills are seen as essential preconditions for youth mobility, for the development of international activities and for increased youth participation, one of the key priorities of the Council of Europe’s Directorate of Youth and Sport. The intercultural language courses combine language learning with intercultural learning through a non formal education methodology.
The aim of the programme is to promote intercultural dialogue with a special focus on human rights and youth policy development at European level by bringing together young people from different backgrounds and countries
Profile of candidates
- be actively involved in youth work, in a youth organisation, network or authority, committed to taking on responsibilities at international level;
- be aged between 18 – 30;
- be well informed about their local organisation/structure and, in relevant cases, the international/national supporting organisation/structure (participants should be able to present their organisations and activities to the other participants);
- have an interest in the intercultural dimension of the course;
- have a clearly defined need for developing intercultural language competences;
- be willing to contribute to the development of the programme and to the group processes, and to take responsibility for their own learning;
- agree to be involved in a follow-up activity of value to their organisation.
Deadline: 23rd June 2008
Directorate of Youth and Sport
Council of Europe
F – 67075 STRASBOURG CEDEX
Tel: +33 (0)3 88 41 23 00
Fax: +33 (0)3 88 41 27 78