Core Resource Faculty for the Project: The project will engage some of the Europe’s leading scholars and institutions working in the thematic area of the project's interest:
Prof. David Allen - Department of Politics, International Relations & European Studies, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK.
Prof. Dr. Andrey Makarychev – Head of Academic Unit, Public Service Academy, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
Prof. Vyacheslav Morozov – Associate Professor, Department of History and Theory of International Relations, School of International Relations, St. Petersburg State University, Russia.
Prof. Dr. Igor Koval – the Head of the Department of International Relations, Odessa National University, Ukraine.
Prof. Gunter Walzenbach – Senior Lecturer in European Politics, Department of Politics, Philosophy and International Relations, School of Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences, University of the West of England (UWE), Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour lane, Bristol, U.K.
Prof. Mark Webber – Head, Department of Politics, International Relations & European Studies, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK.
Target region: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
Eligibility: The Project is dedicated to Junior Faculty (up to 35 years of age) fully involved in teaching and research based at one of the institutions of higher education in target region countries. The Project is open to young teachers and researchers from institutes of higher education of NIS working in teaching European security, security studies, European integration, EU enlargement, foreign policy analysis, political science, conflict prevention, etc.
Working Language of the Project: English
Deadline to apply for the Project participation: 16 April, 2010
HESP’s funding to the Project provides coverage of ALL major costs of participation for the selected participants from the target region.
To apply: please, fill in the Application form (it is below) with parts A and B and send it via e-mail to Prof. Sergii Glebov, email@example.com
Open Society Institute • Higher Education Support Program
REGIONAL SEMINAR FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING
THE EU AS AN EMERGING EUROPEAN SECURITY ACTOR:
EXPLORING THEORETICAL PARADIGMS
1 June 2010 – 1 June 2013
Institute of Social Sciences,
Odesa Mechnikov National University,
Personal and Contact Information
3. Date of Birth
5. Permanent Address
6. Address for Correspondence (if different from the permanent address)
7. Telephone and Fax Number
Highest Academic Qualifications received to date:
9. Title of the Degree
10. Date Degree Received
11. Discipline (including the Area of Specialization within the Discipline)
12. Degree-Granting Institution
Current Enrolment in Academic Programs:
13. Name of the Program
15. Discipline (including the Area of Specialization within the Discipline)
16. Anticipated Date of Completion
17. Academic Experience outside your home country, if applicable (name of program, discipline, dates, qualifications obtained)
18. Other relevant degrees and qualifications
19. Are you currently teaching at an institution of higher education? If not, then, when are you planning to start teaching?
20. Years of teaching experience
22. Institution (Name, contact information)
23. Dates of Employment
24. Brief Description of Duties (specify the titles and level of courses taught)
26. Institution/Company (Name, contact information)
27. Dates of Employment
28. Brief Description of Duties (if academic position, specify the titles and level of courses taught)
29. Native Language:
Knowledge of Languages (describe as "elementary”, "fair”, "good” or "fluent”, make distinction between reading, writing and speaking, if necessary; include information about language certificates obtained):
32. Participation in HESP Summer Schools in the past (list years, locations, titles of summer schools attended)
33. Participation in other Programs funded by the Soros Foundations Network
1. Statement of Purpose (A brief description, not more than 500 words, of your current professional interests and goals, how the theme of the school corresponds to your academic background and current professional activities, how you see the participation in this school can enhance your academic and professional development, how you can effectively contribute to the school.)
2. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3. List of major publications, including those relevant to the theme of the school, if available (Research or academic publications, teaching materials, authored or co-authored by you containing complete reference information).
4. Syllabus of an academic course developed, taught or planned to be introduced by you in the field of European Studies or most close to this field.
The application form and other materials to be send to Prof. Sergii Glebov, firstname.lastname@example.org