21:12Recruitment of National Staff -- OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission to Ukraine for Presidential Election 2010
OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission to Ukraine for Presidential Election 2010 Recruitment of National Staff
Following an official invitation from the Ukrainian authorities, the OSCE/ODIHR is deploying an Election Observation Mission (EOM) for the 17 January 2010 Presidential Election. In this respect, the OSCE/ODIHR is currently recruiting national staff to fill the following positions:
• Executive Assistant to the Head of Mission
• Administrative Assistant to the Deputy Head of Mission
• Senior Election Analyst Assistant
• Senior Political Analyst Assistant
• Senior Legal Analyst Assistant
• Senior Media Analyst Assistant
• Senior National Minority Analyst Assistant
• Media Monitors
• Senior Long Term Observers Coordinator Assistant
• Senior Assistants to the Logistical Team
• IT & Communication Assistant
• Finance/Administrative Assistant
• Security Expert Assistant
• Front Office Assistant
• Data entry Clerks
• Office Drivers
START DATE AND TIME: from 23 November 2009 until 25 February 2010 [for most of the positions]
DURATION: approx. 9 weeks [for most of the positions]
• Kiev, Ukraine [for most of the positions]
• Other cities in Ukraine for some translators/interpreters and some office drivers
JOB DESCRIPTION: Job Description varies for different positions.
For all Assistants positions in general:
• Completed secondary education. A degree in related field is highly desirable
• At least 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level. Experience
with international organizations is an asset
• Ability to work long hours and under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds,
different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
• Proficiency in English and local languages
• Ability to maintain professional independence
• Good communication skills
For positions as senior Assistants to Analysts:
• At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the field of expertise of the Analyst
(election, legal, political, media, etc)
• Excellent English language skills
• Knowledge of political and electoral situation in Ukraine
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience, and will be in accordance with established OSCE rates.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Candidates interested in applying for any of above mentioned positions should send a recent CV in English language to email@example.com
Please indicate in the email for which position you are applying.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview shortly after the application deadline.
APPLICATION OPENING DATE: 5 November 2009.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 22 November 2009.
The OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights is the leading agency in Europe in the field of election observation. It co-ordinates and organizes the deployment of several observation missions with thousands of observers every year to assess the compliance of Election in OSCE participating States in line with OSCE commitments, other international standards for democratic Election and national legislation. Its unique methodology provides an in-depth insight into all elements of an electoral process, and permits to make concrete recommendations to further improve electoral processes. More info on: www.osce.org/odihr
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Working language of the OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission is English.