Summary Specifities of rural youthwork (challenges, special conditions and needs, vantages, etc.), as well as partnership building and gaining new ideas for setting up an own project in a rural area is the main focus of this TC
Activity date 2009-11-09 - 2009-11-13
Activity type Training course
Target group Project managers, Young people, Youth leaders, Youth workers
Participant should have experience with youth work in rural areas.
For participants from ALL YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES, SOUTH-EAST EUROPE, EASTERN EUROPE AND CAUCASUS, Switzerland
Group size 25
Venue place, venue country Gresten, Lower Austria (Rural Area), Austria
Ever since the start of youth programmes by the EC a focus has been put on inclusion which has been perpetuated with the launch of the YOUTH IN ACTION (YiA) programme.
The number of projects and trainings on “Rural Youth” is rather low, though.
Nevertheless, youth work in rural areas appears to be vibrant and alive – even though the needs, interests, target groups, aims, methodologies and effects on the local community differ greatly from those in cities.
We believe, that these realities seem to be comparably underrepresented in international youth programmes, which is at the same time a big motivation, to set up this TC, which leads at the best to many projects in rural areas.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
• Fostering group building through a participative approach and diverse methodology
• Identification of similarities/differences of rural youth in an European context
• Creation of a common understanding on key concepts
• Enhancement of knowledge on non-formal learning, YiA (and Youthpass)
• Exchange of experiences, knowledge, skills and attitudes
• Initiation of a profound discussion on essential components of rural youth work (e.g., ideology based organisations, voluntary youth work, participation, community work and networking)
• Contact Making and Project Development
based on the principles of non formal learning/education
All costs for board and lodging will be covered by the Austrian NA. PROGRAMME COUNTRIES: Please ask your NA to cover your travel costs. SEE & EECA COUNTRIES: travel costs will be covered by the Austrian NA
Working language English
Organizer NA Austria
Organizer's profile/framework of activity
Date of selection 2009-10-16
Downloads Information TC Rural Youth (425 kB)
Application Form (452 kB)
ATTENTION: participants from SEE & EECA countries have to apply till 25th September 2009
Lindengasse 41/10 1070 Wien
Phone: ++43 1 586 75 44-0
Fax: ++43 1 586 75 44 - 9
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org