20:11Пропозиція щодо стажування у Раді Європи
a) increase the intern's understanding of current human rights issues at the international level and give them an insight into the work of the Council of Europe and the Parliamentary Assembly in particular; and
b) provide the EDG mechanisms with the assistance and contribution of outstanding young students or graduates.
2. The relationship between the EDG and the intern is one of mutual benefit. He or she is involved, inter alia, in: researching human rights and political issues, drafting analytical papers and reports, providing technical, translation and interpreting servicing of meetings and general secretarial support.
3. The participant in the internship programme is selected from graduate students and holders of graduate level degrees in disciplines related to the work of the Council of Europe. Applicants must have a good command of Russian (native level) and English. Any knowledge of other languages and/or web design shall be considered as an asset.
Internship dates and duration
4. The maximum number of interns accepted by the EDG, per period, is 1. The internship starts on April 6th 2009 and ends on June 26th 2009 (12 weeks).
Conditions of service
5. According to the prevailing French legislation, asylum seekers are not permitted to seek any form of employment, whether paid or unpaid, including internship.
6. Interns are assigned to work with a supervisor who is responsible for providing him or her with a description of duties and a work plan.
7. Internships with the European Democrat Group are remunerated. The fixed remuneration is €2000 in total for the entire period (April-June). Weekend work and overtime (especially during the Assembly week) may be required. No additional payment shall be awarded. Interns are not considered officials or staff members of the Council of Europe. Travel costs shall be refunded with a maximum of €250 if the intern comes from within the Schengen-area and €500 if the intern comes from out of the Schengen-area. If necessary, the European Democrat Group shall send all necessary documents to the selected candidate to apply for a Schengen-visa, but obtaining the visa (and all costs involved) are the entire responsibility of the candidate. Any refusal of visa shall result in an immediate end of the selection.
8. Living expenses in France must be covered by the remuneration proposed as outlined in point 7. Any additional costs must be covered by the intern him- or herself or by a sponsoring institution. Interns are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and for obtaining visas. In Strasbourg, interns are provided, upon arrival, with a Council of Europe access pass and general information about the Council of Europe and the Parliamentary Assembly.
9. The European Democrat Group nor the Council of Europe accepts any responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Interns must have their own health insurance. In case of illness or other circumstances which might prevent the completion of the internship, interns will inform their supervisor.
10. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
11. Interns are expected to work full-time and to carry out the duties assigned to them. They do not accrue annual leave during the period of the internship. Otherwise they are bound by the same duties and obligations as regular staff members; in particular, all confidential and unpublished information obtained during the internship may not be used by interns without the written authorization of the European Democrat Group.
Procedure for applying
12. Applicants should submit the following documentation:
• a covering letter in English stating the reason for applying to the internship programme and career goals;
• a detailed curriculum vitae;
• a standard passport photograph and a copy of the picture page of the passport
13. Closing date for the application is March 8th 2009. Interviews shall take place during the second half of March 2009 either in Kiev and possibly one other city in Ukraine or Strasbourg (to be confirmed). Selected candidates shall be asked in which city they wish to participate in the interview.
14. Applicants may be informed on short notice. Unsuccessful candidates may re-apply for following periods.
Address for applications:
European Democrat Group - Council of Europe
Palais - Office 5117
F-67075 Strasbourg Cedex - FRANCE
Or by e-mail : email@example.com