European Citizenship Training Course in Slovenia - Activity organised by SALTO National Agency
Summary This training course was developed to encourage the development of a critical, democratic and European Citizenship and in doing so, to support the implementation and quality of the «Youth in Action» Programme.
Activity date 2009-11-23 - 2009-11-29
Activity type Training course
Target group Project managers, Youth leaders, Youth workers
For participants from Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway, SOUTH-EAST EUROPE, EASTERN EUROPE AND CAUCASUS
Group size 25
Venue place, venue country Slovenia
Details Aim of the training course
The training course on European Citizenship aims to support the professional development of youth workers and youth leaders by extending their critical understanding of European Citizenship, exploring and experiencing its potential and by enabling them to recognise and integrate European Citizenship in their youth work.
The training course puts into practice priority 1 (European Citizenship) of the Youth in Action programme, by aiming to:
• To critically explore the meaning, relevance and implications of European citizenship in youth work in all its dimensions;
• To promote and facilitate the active use of programmes and structures in support of youth work on European Citizenship, including Youth in Action;
• To experiment and explore the potential of European Citizenship for active democratic change in society;
• To associate the participants with the current discourse on European Citizenship (its concepts, formal meanings and expressions)
• To exemplify the connection between European Citizenship, Human Rights, Democracy and ICL and the underlying values.
Costs Hosting costs will be covered by the hosting NA. In case your are selected, the sending costs for participants will be reimbursed by the sending NAs.
Working language English
Organizer's profile/framework of activity
Date of selection 2009-09-23
Downloads Information package for candidates