The EU Delegation is seeking an intern to assist in activities linked to EU-Ukraine Cooperation (Operations section), with a focus on communications. The internship should last between 4-6 months, tentatively as of 1 October 2012.
Required Education and skills:
- Completed undergraduate degree in communications, international relations, energy or environmental studies, or related fields
- Advanced working level of English and Ukrainian. Strong writing skills and experience in Communications (media relations, formulation of press announcements and press releases etc.)
- Strong coordination and international team work skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian energy sector and sustainable energy issues will be an asset.
- Supporting the preparation and implementation of EU Delegation and EU-Ukraine Cooperation project communication events
- Reporting on EU-Ukraine Cooperation activities, including photography and video materials, for EU Delegation Facebook page, Website and Newsletter
- Review and editing of communications material in Ukrainian
- Gathering, translating and consolidating news & information and preparing reports related to Energy and Environment
- Drafting correspondence and preparing documentation for Call for proposals and resulting contracts in field of Energy and Environment
- Communicating with colleagues, applicants and other interested parties related to Energy and Environment cooperation
- Supporting the organisation and follow-up of meetings, public hearings, debates, press conferences (occasional interpretation)
- Participation in external meetings, round tables, conferences in field of Energy and Environment, Culture and Communications (including Press)
- Support to the Operation Section 3 on projects related to sustainable energy.
Please note that this internship is not remunerated and the intern is responsible for covering all costs related to travel and medical insurance.
More details on terms of internship at the EU Delegation to Ukraine can be found at:http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/ukraine/vacancies/internship_opportunities/index_en.htm
Each application shall include in English:
1. Letter of motivation indicating Operations Internship (maximum 1 page).
2. Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages).
Submission of applications by electronic mail only to:
Subject should note: Operations Internship
Deadline: 3 September 2012