SUMMARY: The Kyiv office of American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS (American Councils) is currently seeking a proactive, flexible and reliable candidate to fill its full-time Office Assistant position. The duties of the Office Assistant include, but are not limited to the following: greeting visitors, answering questions by telephone and assisting with administrative tasks and the maintenance of FLEX program documentation.
POSITION POSTED: September 26, 2008
POSITION CLOSED: October 10, 2008
The position is full-time. Working hours are 9:30 to 18:00.
REPORTS TO: FLEX Senior Program Hub Director
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October 2008
- Greet visitors and announce them to staff
- Answer phones calls and direct them to necessary program staff
- Answer general questions regarding the work of American Councils in Ukraine
- Answer specific questions regarding the FLEX program
- Answer email inquiries regarding the FLEX program
- Up-date information in databases of contacts and alumni
- Assist with general maintenance of files and information in office
- Assist program staff with mailings and publicity phone calls
- Assist with FLEX program logistics
- Notify FLEX semi-finalists and finalists of their status
- Collect FLEX applications
- Notify parents of students currently on program of host family changes
- Respond to administrative requests from Washington, DC regarding students currently on program.
- Complete various projects and errands as assigned
• Native Ukrainian
• Fluent English
• Ukrainian – English translation (written and verbal)
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong clerical skills
• Cross-cultural skills; and
• Strong written and oral communication skills (English, Ukrainian)
Submit a cover letter with a current resume and salary history to Helen Birtwistle, FLEX Senior Program Hub Director by the closing date listed below, via e-mail: email@example.com or fax: (044) 482-0220. American Councils will acknowledge receipt of your application by e-mail message. Applications missing one of the three elements (cover letter, resume, and salary history) or submitted later than October 10, 2008 will not be considered.