20:24Двадцятиліття поразки комунізму - культурна політика в Центральній Європі
The summer session is aimed at providing participants with a wider perspective on changing cultural policy in European countries; working out a comparative study of the cultural policy trends and challenges in the countries represented by the participants in the programme; exchanging views on the culture in both post-communist Europe and “old” EU member states. The programme will be run in the form of lectures, seminar meetings and workshops.
Advanced students, young scholars, young cultural administrators, NGOs and other candidates active in the field of cultural management from Eastern and Western European countries.
Cost: € 1.000,- (scholarships can be applied for, see application form for details)
Issues to be covered:
· some history: Europe around 1989 and the following changes
· definitions, models and instruments of cultural policy
· examples of cultural policy development in Eastern and Western European countries (comparative approach: legislation, funding, problem of decentralization and desetatization)
· international organizations and culture: the Council of Europe and its former and current priorities, UNESCO, cultural policy of the EU
· culture in the market economy/ civil society and cultural policy/ international cultural cooperation / cultural industries / contemporary art
· national cultural policies and European perspectives
· mass media: shift from traditional tools to new technologies
Application letter including the applicant's full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, educational background, degrees received and current affiliation;
Evidence of substantial English language skills (certificate of proficiency or statement by an English speaking faculty member);
Essay of about 600 words on development of culture & cultural policy in your home country.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15 MAY, 2009
International Cultural Centre