21:29Liberty Seminars 2009
Seminar 1: Liberty Camp --- is a week-long seminar that actively explores the historical, philosophical and economic foundations of a free society through engaging lectures, small group discussions, movie screenings, debates and presentations. In an intellectually stimulating environment, develop a deeper understanding of the challenges facing Europe today.
Explore and discuss a range of issues:
- the origin, meaning and theories of civil and economic rights;
- the rule of law and property rights in a free society;
- goverment's powers and its limitations, theories of justice;
- the nature of a liberal democracy;
- and ways of strengthening civil society.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Seminar 2: Freedom and Transition
Join other intellectually corious individuals in applying classical liberal insights into the range of transition issues including:
- economic and political institutions;
- informal rules, the rule of law, and economic growth;
- governance and corruption;
- public sector transparency;
- public choice theory;
- markets and morality;
- crony capitalism;
- and failed vs. successful privatization.
Application deadline for both seminars is July 1, 2009!
Site Liberty Seminars http://www.libertarni-klub.net/events-eng.php