You are a talented social entrepreneur or working for an NGO in an emerging country. You would like a top international MBA to expand your horizons so that you can go back and make a difference.
What you must have
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
* GMAT (average score 675)
* Minimum three years full-time work experience (average is seven years)
* Strong command of written and spoken English (TOEFL not required)
Who can qualify
Qualified candidates who have a passion to make a contribution to society through socially responsible leadership
* Currently working as a social entrepreneur or for an NGO in your home country or region
* 4-10 years work experience
* Making a significant contribution to your local environment, country or society in general
* Have leadership characteristics and the ability to have an impact in the class
* Have financial need such that you could not otherwise afford to attend IMD
* Strong command of written and spoken English
* Demonstrate a passion and committment for socially responsible leadership both in your current role and to go back to your home country or region after the IMD MBA program
Send the following information by September 1, 2009 to be considered for the IMD MBA program starting in January 2011:
* Answer the 5 scholarship essay questions below
* Submit your university transcripts
* Send 2 letters of recommendation
1. Tell us about yourself and your experience (500 words)
2. What drives your passion for socially responsible leadership? (100 words)
3. What are your future career goals? (100 words)
4. Why does an IMD MBA fit with these future career goals? (100 words)
5. Identify a project in your country that is in need of funding. Identify the level of funding needed and prepare a plan for how you would implement the project if funding would be received. Identify positive points that may help you to implement the plan as well as barriers that may prevent you from achieving your goal. (1,500 words)
* November 30, 2009: The IMD Scholarship Selection Committee will identify a short list of scholarship candidates
* December 31, 2009: Selection of candidates. Candidates will be interviewed by telephone during the month of December.
* February 15, 2010: Completion of GMAT test by selected candidates
* March 1, 2010: Notification of scholarship winners.
* June 1, 2010: Submission of completed IMD MBA application form for the 2011 class.
* Scholarship winners must complete and pass the regular IMD MBA admission process prior to being accepted for the program! IMD does NOT guarantee scholarship winners a place in the MBA program until completion and passing of the regular MBA admissions process.
* IMD reserves the right not to award a scholarship if the criteria are not met to the satisfaction of the jury / sponsors.
More information can be found HERE http://www.imd.ch/programs/mba/fees/scholarships/IMD-Scholarship-Foundation-MBA-Scholarship.cfm