SOHO France Training In French language - Summary International training IN FRENCH LANGUAGE for supervisors, mentors, and contact persons in the European Voluntary Service (EVS) – Action 2
Activity date 2009-09-23 - 2009-09-27
Activity type Training course
Target group Project managers, Youth leaders, Youth workers
For participants from ALL YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES, SOUTH-EAST EUROPE, EASTERN EUROPE AND CAUCASUS, Switzerland
Group size 24
Venue place, venue country Lathus (near Poitiers), France
Details CAUTION !! THE WORKING LANGUAGE OF THIS SOHO TC WILL BE FRENCH !!
The downloadable description and application form on line are in French.
The SOHO training supports voluntary as well as full-time youth workers dealing directly with young volunteers in Sending and Host Organisations as a mentor and having little or no experience in long-term volunteering but being at least in the process of starting an EVS project (Action 2).
This training will go deeper into subjects that are closely linked to EVS. It intends to contribute to an increase in quality of EVS projects. The main subjects of the training are:
- The role of a mentor in an EVS project.
- The intercultural dimension of an EVS project.
- Partnerships in EVS.
Aim and objectives:
The overall aim of the SOHO TC is:
- To increase the quality of EVS projects.
The specific objectives of the course are:
- To get a better understanding of the concept of EVS.
- To experience intercultural dimensions of an EVS project.
- To improve the ability for co-operation and working in an EVS partnership.
- To raise awareness of quality in EVS projects.
- To improve attitude, skills, and knowledge about the role/work of a mentor.
- To raise confidenced in organising EVS projects.
- To reflect on their role/work as a mentor.
- To exchange experience and ‘best practices’ with other participants.
The methodology used in this training is based on experiential learning and learning-by-doing. Work methods are dynamic, and the participants will be participating actively.
Costs Accomodtion, food and programme costs are covered be French National Agency. Travel costs can be covered by the National Agency of your country. Please check before applying!
Working language French
Organizer The network of National Agencies and SALTO
Date of selection 2009-08-21
Downloads Descriptif du SOHO en français http://www.salto-youth.net/static/downloads/training_downloads.php/2314/SOHO%20Info%20FR_pax_2009.pdf
Please, read carefully http://www.salto-youth.net/find-a-training/1545.html before applying