22:23Потрібен волонтер для участі в проекті ООН "Інтеграція біженців в Україні" (англ.)
UNV VOLUNTEER TERMS OF REFERENCE
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development, and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
In most cultures volunteerism is deeply embedded in long-established, ancient traditions of sharing and support within the communities. In this context, UNV volunteers take part in various forms of volunteerism and play a role in development and peace together with co-workers, host agencies and local communities.
In all assignments, UNV volunteers promote volunteerism through their action and conduct. Engaging in volunteer activity can effectively and positively enrich their understanding of local and social realities, as well as create a bridge between themselves and the people in their host community. This will make the time they spend as UNV volunteers even more rewarding and productive.
1. UNV Post Title: Regional Protection Assistant
2. Type of assignment (International or National UNV volunteer): National UNV volunteer
3. Project Title: Local Settlement of refugees in Ukraine
5. Location, Country: Kyiv, Ukraine
6. Expected starting date: 1 September 2009
7. Brief Project Description: UNHCR seeks to strengthen national asylum systems and safeguard asylum in the broader migration context through dynamic partnerships with the European Union, national governments and NGOs.
8. Host Agency/Host Institute: UNHCR
9. Organizational Context: The NUNV will work under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Representative.
10. Type of assignment place: assignment with family
11. Description of Duties:
Assist the Deputy Regional Representative in the shaping and implementation of the sub-regional activities for Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine, including the various EU funded projects.
Strengthening their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and taking active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
Sub-regional activities are implemented with consensus of all parties involved.
At least 25 years of age, University degree preferably in Law or political sciences, 2-3 years of relevant work experience
Computer skills: Computer literacy with good knowledge of computer application.
Applicants of Ukrainian nationality only should send their curriculum vitae in English by 25 August 2009 to the address below. Only successful candidates would be contacted and invited for the interview.