16:342012 Autumn European Diplomacy Workshop
The European Diplomacy Workshop (EDW) is a week-long, first in Europe program devoted solely to the European Union Foreign Policy, the Eastern Partnership, and the European Neighborhood Policy. The EDW will be held from 19.11.2012 to 24.11.2012. The deadline for scholarship applications is 14.10.2012 while the deadline for normal applications is 28.10.2012.
A select number of scholarships will be awarded to participants from European Neighborhood countries. To be considered for a scholarship, you must have completed your 4th year of studies (graduate students, doctoral candidates and early career professionals may also apply).
- 48 hours of rigorous lecturers, seminars, workshops, study visits and simulations.
- Unique combination of practice and theory, allowing participants to both participate in traditional lectures and engage in the learning process.
- Meetings with top-level EU officials and diplomats. Previous editions have met with Danuta Huebner, Bernard Kouchner, Javier Solana, Borys Tarsyuk and Lech Walesa.
- International Faculty of renown experts and scholars in the fields of EU Foreign Policy, Eastern Partnership, Russia & EU relations, International Negotiations, Public Speaking, Strategic Planning, Leadership, & Diplomatic Protocol.
- Diverse and Multicultural participants, which establishes a forum for exchanging experiences and enhancing cooperation. The EDW has hosted more than 100 participants from more than 30 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas.
The European Diplomacy Workshops is divided into 5 modules:
- EU Foreign Policy, European Neighborhood Policy, and the Eastern Partnership
- Microconflicts and Thematic Issues Affecting the EU
- Leadership & Strategic Planning
- Public Speaking
- International Negotiations